Thursday, October 18, 2012

Book 12: The 100 Absolutely Unbreakable Laws of Business Success by Brian Tracy


I believe Mr. Tracy's intentions were good here - he wants proactivity on all 100 laws so they don't just . sit . on . your . to . do . list . However, I don't know that taking action on all 100 needs to be the goal - so I soaked them all in and here were some of my favorites:

Law #1: Good ol' Cause & Effect - again which we have total control over. I am seeing a nice little trend unfold here. Don't forget you can work backwards, know the effect you desire and the cause to get there will reveal itself.

Law #4: Correspondence - Your outer world is a reflection of your inner world. 

Law #7: Accident - by failing to plan you are planning to fail.

The entire law section about goal setting, time management, and success were on point and I was amazed to read that focused and detailed goal setters earn as much as 10x those who don't goal set. You are writing your goals down now, aren't you?

Now the not so great parts - Mr. Tracy's laws of money were a bit ... off. He is a millionaire a few times over and his recommendations for both cash and negotiating were to serve high quality for less and always discover the not so obvious bargain and ask for it. I have to disagree. Something about his wealth and that concept does not add up for me - either way, read it.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment