For any one who sells anything to anyone - read this book. Yet another book that tricked me into thinking via the title I was going to read about communication, well not exactly. The actual 7 levels Mr. Maher refers to are:
7. 1-on-1 meetings
6. Events and seminars
5. Phone Calls
4. Handwritten Notes
2. Direct Mail
Levels 1-3 are information zones.
Level 4 is the tipping point.
Levels 5-7 are influential zones.
By doing business from levels 4-7 alone, you can increase your active referral base and solely grow your business without spending a penny on ads or mail campaigns. I love it.
As a business owner you learn one lesson pretty quickly - cash is king. The more if it you can keep the better you are. And with 1-3% returns on most ad campaigns they are more of a liability than a wise investment.
The levels only account for 3 pages of the entire book - the other 164 pages are filled with strategies to implement the upper levels of influence. Want a quick sampling? Here it goes:
- Plan your day and block your time the night before
- Be ritualistic with your day, from start to end. Don't forget your affirmations and blessings book
- First thing in the morning call 10 people from your community of people, just to say hello
- Write Power notes every day and don't forget an actionable P.S.
- Get in front of your ambassadors monthly and turn friends into champions
- Memorize key questions for getting your community to think about sending you clients
- Give, give, give - your time, your listening ear, your genuine interest of others
- Use strategic success stories on your blog, social media, on post cards, and in your power notes
This is only a sampling - and to even decipher what it all means I highly recommend you read it.
Drop me a note sometime, I am grateful you are here!