Thursday, October 11, 2012

Book 6: Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins


Whoa.

Where to even begin with this piece of work - well, I will start here: this book changed my life. How's that for 500 pages of words? It changed my life.

Mr. Robbins is beyond intelligent and his passion for life is intense, even in print. He very well may be the most informed expert on why people do what they do and how to change what they do and he learned everything he knows from people, books, ideas, processes, and taking chances.

His curiosity has created a very lived life. But this book is not about him, it is about how to awaken the giant within. And I think it happened.

There were chapters I read, and re-read, and re-read again. Once he started throwing around concepts like, "neuro-associative conditioning" all I could think was, oh here we go.

BUT.

Here is what happened - my beliefs and sense of identity were shaken up a little. I began to associate massive pain to things like, "being lazy", "sleeping in too much", "spending too much", etc. And in doing so the things that I desire started to become too painful NOT to fulfill. My savings account, my client list, my gratitude, I could keep going.

Then I took his 10-day Mental Diet Challenge (which I am only on day 3 of as I write this). This 10-day diet means I have to squash limiting and poor self talk IN THE MOMENT and replace it with his problem solving questions.

It works. And if you don't allow it to work, you have to start over. No thank you.

Thank you Mr. Robbins, you woke me up and I am never going back to sleep. Read it.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment