Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Book 37: Intervention by Dan John


Fantastic read. Dan John is a strength coach who primarily works with pro-athletes. Being as I co-own a gym I do sometimes geek out on stuff like this. His book is all about intervening his own methods because in working with the .00001% of the population you tend to give poor advice to non-athletes, a.k.a the majority of those who train!

This book says everything I wish I could to a lot of those who come searching for a gym, but it's not their fault that they are filled with poor information and false ideas about fitness. I wish I could say that a trendy tool is irrelevant, going hard and fasting is irrelevant 80% of the time, and if you don't keep the goal, the goal, then what is the point?

I wish I could say that to really achieve long-term results you have to throw time tables out the window and commit to moving every day. And I wish I could say that if you want to know what's wrong with your nutrition to be a grown up because really you do know better, you choose not to act better.

Whoa, that was a little bit of a rant. Sorry. But seeing as he has been around a fair amount longer I would read it and listen to what he has to say. :)

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment